We welcome International Exchange students from around the globe as nominees from our International Partner Institutions. We are thrilled to host you at CCS and in Detroit.
The International Student Services Office (ISSO) is here to help you along the way! Please contact the ISSO to get started.
If you are nominated to study as an Exchange Student at CCS these are the steps you will follow:
- October 1st for Winter term (January-May)
- May 1st for Fall Term (September-December)
- Contact the International Student Service Office
- Submit the CCS Global Incoming Exchange Program Application
- Upload your Academic Transcripts, Portfolio and English Proficiency Exam.
- Complete the Learning Agreement Form and register for your CCS courses by scheduling a meeting with the International Student Academic Advisor.
- Obtain the J-1 Visa documents from the CCS Responsible Officer, and Director of the International Student Services Office.
- Apply for your J-1 Student Visa by following these the steps outlined on this webpage
- Apply for CCS On-Campus housing and pay the required fees.
- Complete the Introduction to International Student Resources Experience on Peacock Pride.
- Schedule a Pre-Departure Meeting with the International Student Services Office to ask questions prior to travel.
- Attend New Student & New International Student Orientations on campus.